Most products should have UPCs, but in some Fair Trade Certified products do not. For example, products sold in bulk and some private label products sold directly by the manufacturer do not have UPCs.
Articles in this section
- What is a product line?
- Why does Fair Trade USA need to know my product’s UPC?
- What are examples of reasons why a product would be considered UPC exempt?
- What is the difference between a single ingredient and a composite ingredient?
- How do I register a product without ingredients (i.e. coffee, tuna)?
- Who do I enter as the supplier if I am at the beginning of the supply chain, or my organization is vertically integrated?